Be workshop-ready! When you’re looking at setting up a workshop, you should follow a checklist of what’s and how’s. Within the steps of how to plan your workshop is a checklist of essentials – the materials and supplies checklist. It’s possibly the best part of organizing an event because you get to pick and choose multicolored stationery! (That’s considered a fun activity in some circles). On a serious note, to put together your workshop package you should be ready with all of the below, a couple of weeks in advance.
Some supplies to make sure you’re well-stocked in have been put together in a quick list for your reference:
For participant packages
- Name tags or badge ribbons
- Copies of the agenda
- Copies of workshop aids
- Reference documents
- Sticky notes
- Scratch paper
- Folders/binders with tab dividers to compile material
- Templates for participant input
- Templates for participant feedback/evaluation after the workshop
- Promotional/informational material from your company
- Workshop related promotional items
Have your participant packages ready and sealed before the workshop begins. Handing out sealed packages at the registration desk is not just convenient but also hygienic, professional and saves time. You could even divide the list above into the main package and a promotional goodie bag.
Your list for the venue
- Whiteboard markers (make sure they are the dry erase type)
- Flipchart paper (dimensions must suit the size of your gathering)
- Extra pens for participants
- Ready participant packages
- Ready goodie bags
- Scratch paper for your use
- Laser pointers
- AV aids like projector, screens, and speakers
- Charged/fresh batteries
- Disposables for refreshments
- Health and safety protocol supplies like sanitizer dispensers/wipes
- Emergency first aid box
- Thank you cards
- Presenter gifts
A well-thought-out list will help pull off a seamless event. Organizing a workshop is simple, but to hold a successful one where every detail has been covered is not as easy as it may seem. The difference between a DIY workshop and one that has been professionally handled can be seen in the details. Event management platforms like Hafla specialize in setups as well as providing workshop material and supplies. Browse our menu and let our super-perceptive platform guide you with the details. Or, you could choose to get in touch with a Hafla workshop specialist for all the help you need.
Tip: Selecting bundled items for material and supplies on Hafla may suit your budget more than shopping for the list item by item. Try it out!